Thursday, September 20, 2012

First Day of School

1. History is something important that happened in the past like wars, kings/queens, and inventions.
2. I like to learn by seeing pictures or watching videos about the topics. I also like flash cards or notes to help me study and for me to have something to look at when I'm home.
3. I like history, but I don't love it. It's easier than science, but sometimes it's still complicated to understand. I hate Cornell notes.
4. History looks like a class that reads a textbook, and take Cornell notes, or fill-in packets, or watch boring old world history shows. That's how it was in middle school.


My Thoughts of History on 9/20/12

1. History is events that happen in the past. I think history can also be about things that can happen and figuring out how things do happen all around the world.
2. I definitely love history. In middle school I wasn't a fan at all. Since I got into highschool, history is probably one of the most exciting and funnest classes ever. All of the cool projects, funny videos, and internet work is much more cooler than reading from a textbook and taking Cornell notes like in middle school.  Eventually, after we do study something cool and random, it sums up to an event that happened in the past. Doing that makes it easier to get the picture of how things were back then, and it helps me understand history itself a lot more. It's challenging, but fun and I love it.
3. History looks like a class that learns about random, cool things that happened in the past and do crazy fun projects. It's not always about taking notes, or reading from a textbook, or super long passages. History should be fun, and that class where you go, “Yes! I have history right now!” Not, “Ew, history.” I used to say “ew” but now I never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment